Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Paritraan Prayer.

Every Society or Organization has some kind of a trademark. May that be a Tag-Line, a slogan, a logo or something else. However, the institutions and organizations related to Educational Activities or Social Services have trademarks in the form of Prayer.

The irony is that, more often than not, Prayer is mis-understood by people in general. So before going through this article, I recommend that you visit this blog-post about prayer.

Many prayers in the form of verses, 'Shlokas' and 'Sutras' exist in Sanskrit and Hindi. There are many really good prayers in English too. I have been reciting many of them, they are just uncountable. Each one of them is special, simply brilliant. One can't say which is better, that's foolish because they are all divine!

However, there has to be something really specific that depicts the heart and soul of paritraan - so here's a poem from one of Dr Robert H. Schuller's Books 'Believe in the God, who believes in you'.

The prayer is-
"I offer my life to You, God, for You to live in me and through me.

Here is my face - shine from it.

Here are my ears - hear the cry of hurting persons through them.

Here are my eyes - see the faces of those who need Your blessing and bless them with the healing look that radiates from You, my Lord, through my eyes.

Here's my tongue - speak through it!Speak the words of encouragement! Affirmation!

Here, O Lord, are my hands - use them to touch, hold, lift and steady another human being.

Here, O Lord are my feet - walk where You want me to go. And may those who follow me be following You!"


Please let me know your views on the same. Well, I am not imposing this poem on anyone! Its just that as Paritraan grows (which it continues to) I dream to build my own schools and there I would love to have this prayer. Also, I request all Paritraan  members to go through this prayer and give it a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment